Catching up here…we had a wonderful Christmas. The girls (Riley and Chloe) got lots of yummy treats and fun toys. Riley got a new Wubba, a stuffed animal, and some treats. Riley was good and didn’t mess with any of the presents or ornaments (with the exception of knocking a few off with her tail)…bad Chloe decided to take a stroll under the tree and on top of all the presents. Don’t know what we’re going to do with that wild old girl!
We took the girls to go see Christmas lights on the 23rd. They enjoyed it immensely!
The nativity scene Riley decided she needed to bark at…I guess the plastic figurines were being just a little too still for her liking…I told her she can’t bark at Jesus, is she crazy?!?!
Then, on Christmas Eve, Aunt Baddy and Uncle Jimmy (my sister and brother-in-law) came over for lunch, then for appetizers that night. We decorated cookies and put together a gingerbread house.
Riley patiently waiting for something to fall on the floor.
Christmas morning! Aunt Baddy and Uncle Jimmy came over to open presents that morning.
Riley got Zuke’s treats!
Then, after we opened presents, we got dressed and went and saw the Sherlock Holmes movie that’s out. Then we went to a Chinese buffet for lunch and had leftovers for dinner. The dogs were very happy to see us when we got home!
Riley LOVES her Grandpa!!
All in all, we had a wonderful Christmas and hope you all did too!
I’ve come to realize that Riley has more Christmas outfits than I do…thanks to Sugar’s Paw House
! Here are her three Christmas outfits:
Riley in her Santa Bandana that has her name embroidered on it. Her bandana is from Dog.com.
This is her Christmas candy bandana from Sugar’s Paw House.
And this is her snowflake and candy cane bandana from Sugar’s Paw House!
So as you can see, we DID get a Christmas tree
finally and we DO have presents wrapped and under the tree ( never mind that it took until 2 or 3 days before Christmas to get them under there and we’ve only had our sad looking tree since last Wednesday!).
Lola from The Circus Dog blog gave us an award that we are more than happy to accept!
Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. As with any award, there is a bit of ceremony involved. In order to accept the award, we must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs
So…on with the ceremony! First, thank you to Lola for giving us this award and for sticking with us through the 8 weeks of crate rest!
Now, we’d like to pass this award on to:
1. Swimtaxi234–one of my personal favorite blogs. They write about their kids, their two miniature Schnauzers, Remus and Riley (how can you not love a dog named Riley??), homeschooling, their travels, swim meets, etc. They keep so busy it almost makes my head spin!
2. Stumpy’s Daily Dose ‘o’ Dirtville–Stumpy is a Cattle Dog/Chihuahua mix that lives in the middle of nowhere, Dirtville, and has some pretty cool adventures. Her blog was one of the first ones we followed, if not the first one, and we love reading about their RV trips and feral dogs they rescue.
3. Rottrover–Bart and Ruby are two Rottweilers living the good life out in California! There were some Rottweiler therapy dogs in Riley’s therapy dog class when she was a puppy and Bart and Ruby remind us of them!
4. Da Weenies of Florida–Amber DaWeenie and her brother Max (Da Odder Weenie) crack us up on a nearly daily basis. They live in Florida with like 87 other pack members and their Mom takes good care of them.
and last, but not least…
5. Buzz, the Diabetic Dog–I feel for dogs (and their owners) that have health issues. Riley has bad joints, but thankfully we don’t always have to deal with her joint problems on a daily basis. Buzz has diabetes, and his mom has to deal with his high and low blood sugars on a daily basis. Thankfully, he seems to have gotten a bit better in the year since he was diagnosed with diabetes. Buzz and his sister, Bella, are super cute terrier-type mixes.
Be sure to check these blogs out if you want to see some of our favorite blogs!
Here’s (big headed) Riley and Chloe enjoying some couch time and FREEDOM!!